Wednesday 26 July 2017

THE INAUGURAL SPEECH BY COMRADE OLUSESAN MAYOKUN DAINI ON THE OCCASION OF THE PROCLAMATION OF COUNCILLORS-ELECT OF IGBOGBO-BAYEKU LCDA, LAGOS STATE ON WEDNESDAY 26TH JULY, 2017.

Protocol

MOMENT OF HOPE

Dear good people of Igbogbo/Bayeku,

Today is the beginning of another era. An era reflects quality of peoples’ decisions and choices. From today, I have the obligation to justify that your decisions to elect me as your Council Chairman was premised on clear and unambiguous decisions.

You just gave me a trust which I must protect religiously. It was Albert Einstein who said “whoever is careless with the truth in small matters cannot be trusted with important matters”. I am one of you; we have lived together; I have held position in Igbogbo-Bayeku in the past, and you trusted me so much that you have chosen to offer a more exalted position for me to serve you – a bigger trust indeed.

I sincerely thank you all for making this happen. I am not excited by the status of my current office, but rather feel challenged by enormous responsibilities before me. I am confident to tell you that making Igbogbo-Bayeku a model for all Local Governments and LCDAs in Lagos is a promise to behold. My administration is set to deploy innovative approach to all matters concerning my good people – engagement, solving problems, driving economic prosperity, generating fresh ideas for governance and delivery based on the actual needs of the people which is a fulfilment of electoral promises and sustainability of good governance.

We are taking business of Local Council administration to a new dimension. Our land which is blessed with enormous resources will attract right investments in agriculture, tourism, health, education, environment, women and youth development. Everyone is a stakeholder in this lofty project of developing our community.  Everyone in Igbogbo-Bayeku is a proud owner of this government.

We welcome ideas and suggestions as our first responsibility is to open up channel for communication. We will be reachable and approachable. You the people own the power while we are just custodians of it.  Let us strengthen our bond as a people and every other thing will come to us seamlessly.

Our LCDA is a semi cosmopolitan environment. It is still green, giving room for nature-enhanced projects such as life-stock agriculture, fishing, tourism and hub for industrial settlements. Igbogbo/Bayeku has lots of prospects such as water-front gateway, major access in-route the LCDA from central Lagos as well as close route to neighbouring State, and above all a youth population that will constantly supply the needed energy. We have blueprint and a master plan that absorbs local and international partnership and investments towards achieving our goals.

The next 4 years will witness turn-around never known before in the history of Council administration in our community; and we can conveniently take lead and become model for other Local Governments and LCDAs in the entire Lagos. Yes, we can make it happen! 

I implore everyone to welcome the olive hands extended by this administration. We have done lots of politics as required; now is the time to settle down for real time development in the interest of our people.

On the table for our priorities are Agriculture, Tourism, Education, Health, Environment, Security, women and youth development. Also in the front burner are ICT, employment, human capacity development and infrastructural development. However, we will be focused at ensuring even distribution of opportunities and dividends where everyone is happy about developments in our community. We will run a government that will be felt by everyone irrespective of tribe, religious affiliation, gender and political divides.

The tasks of taking our council to the next level cannot be done alone and I’m delighted that I have an enviable team of an amiable Vice Chairman and Councilors coupled with productive workforce at the council secretariat that I have had the opportunity to work with while I served as Supervisor for Agric, Rural Development, Mineral Resource, Youth and Sports in 2012.

I want to thank most sincerely my great party for giving me this platform to aspire. I thank my team who ran sleepless nights in the rigorous campaign exercise. I want to thank all party and community leaders, various groups, women, youth, artisans, professionals and religious organisations. Specially, I thank the Kabiyesi's ,Adeboruwa of Igbogbo Kingdom, Olubeshe of Ibeshe Land and entire traditional institutions of our land. I thank my ardent supporters, well-wishers, the electorate who dared the heavy rain to cast their votes for us. My special appreciation goes to my friends, associates and family for their supports and cooperation.  Above all I want to thank the Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end of the universe, the Mighty God for seeing us through and giving us the victory He assured us long before the election took place. He is a God that never fails.

Once again, I thank you all for making this happen. Together, we can revamp hope for our people and make our community a pride of place for all.
 
God bless Igbogbo-Bayeku LCDA!

God bless Lagos State!!

God bless Federal Republic of Nigeria!!!

Itesiwaju Ipinle Eko, lo jewa logun!!

 

Signed:
Comrade Olusesan Mayokun Daini,
Chairman,Igbogbo/Bayeku LCDA,
Lagos State.
July 26th,2017

No comments:

Post a Comment