Ijede Community Hall was full to capacity on Thursday, 25th of May, 2017, when Hon Emmanuel Aguda, the Sole Administrator, Ijede LCDA, gave good account of himself since he assumed office, this was done in commemoration of 50years anniversary of Lagos State.
The Town Hall Meeting was no doubt a gathering of the reputable personalities in the Ijede Kingdom. The opening prayer session was rendered by the Chief Imam, Ijede Central Mosque, while the welcome address was immediately given by the Sole administrator, Hon. Emmanuel Aguda. In his address, he gave accounts of stewardship of the Council over the past eleven months of his administration with the following score cards:
1. COUNCIL’S ADMINISTRATION:
• Computerization of accounting system
• Direct collection of revenue
• 2016 Budget session
• Procurement of kits for security guards
• Procurement of public Address System and Generator for information unit.
• Construction of Gate House for Security Guards.
• Design and hosting of Council’s official Website.
• 2017 Budget Stakeholders’ Forum.
• Staff training & development programs for Junior & Senior Staff.
• Enumeration & Creation of Data Base for Revenue Collection.
• Implementation of E-Billings System of Revenue Collection.
• Participated in public Servant Day – LAGOS @ 50
• Monthly Environment Sanitation Exercise before it’s cancellation.
• Desisting of blocked drainage at various locations.
• Clearing of proposed State Fire Service Station.
• Clearing of Library Premises.
• Participation in 3rd Quarter 2016 LASG Safety Walk
• Distribution of free refuse Bags to members of our Communities.
• Approved LASPARK Garden for the LCDA.
3. COMMUNITY AFFAIRS:
• Regular Stakeholders’ Sensitization Meetings
• Community Peace and Reconciliation Meetings
• Peace and Security Meetings with CDAs and the Police.
• Participated in Community Day – LAGOS @ 50
• Establishment of Community Security Trust Fund.
• 2016 Bursary Award to forty (40) Students
• First Graduation Ceremony for Graduates of Ijede LCDA Vocational Training Centre.
• Facilitated the renovation of Anglican Pry Sch., Ijede.
• Facilitated the renovation of Ijede Library.
• Financial Assistance to all public Schools on a termly basis.
• Donations to Methodist Primary School & Anwar-Ul- Islam Primary School for Classrooms Renovation.
• Provision of free JAMB Forms for thirty (30) Students
• Organised 2017 Spelling Bee Competition.
5. AGRIC & SOCIAL SERVICES:
• Participated in 2016 Tree Planting Program.
• Participated in 2016 World Food Day Program – 3rd Position in acquaculture
• Certification of over 75 registered Community development Associations.
• Renovation of Ijede LCDA Market.
• Commissioning of 2 Street Roads (114 Roads)
• Participated in Ikorodu Master Plan Project.
• Survey Plans for proposed State Fire Service Station and Police Area ‘N’ Command.
• Provision of Boreholes for Igbe-Oloja, Oke-Eletu, Abule-Eko, Igbopa & Ipakan Communities.
• Renovation of Ijede & Egbin Town Halls.
• Construction and painting of collapsed fence at Oke-Eletu PHC.
• Facilitated approval of Fire Station for Ijede LCDA.
• Beautification of Garage Roundabout, Madan.
• Grading of Street Roads.
• Commissioning of 20KVA Generator @ Oke-Eletu PHC
• Procurement of 72 Chairs for Ijede PHC
• Participation in 2016 LASG Health week.
• Participation in 2017 Immunization Plus Day.
• Participation in 2017 Medical Mission.
On security, Hon. Aguda revealed that the Security statistics in Ikorodu division has the highest crime rates and security threats in Lagos State and Ijede is on the top list of security threatened communities in Ikorodu. Hence, the setting up of Community Security Trust Fund to tackle and combat the menace is desirable.
A trust fund is a special type of legal entity that holds property for the benefit of another person, group, or organization but in the case of Ijede LCDA, we are not only creating a trust fund, but that which is targeted at complementing State efforts toward funding and ensuring security of lives and property of the good people of Ijede LCDA, he explained.
"We shall create an endowment which all its benefits shall be used to fund logistics for all legitimate security operatives in our communities so as to augment the efforts of the State Government towards our security. We will not only fund this endowment but also source for funds from other avenues to achieve this," Aguda added.
The Area Commander, Ijede Area N, Mr A. Garba, enunciated that Ikorodu Division has suddenly become a major concern as the security is being compromised. He therefore implored the residents to adequately furnish the Police with needed information to work with while they should also refrain from harbouring criminals. He further explained that the rate of kidnapping, murder, and other social menace are on the increase in Ikorodu division.
However, he was so affirmative that certain groups of people living within the community are tarnishing their image thus maligning their progress work in the division. He made it clear that the community will bear the brunt as they often demand for the release of some criminals who are threatening the peace of the people.
'There has not been a single filling station to have given the Police fuel to run their vehicles.' Area Commander further said. He urged the residents of Ikorodu division not to condone the bad elements in the Police force; he obliged them to report any erring officer when necessary. On his final note, he advised the residents not to apply for the bail of any supposed criminal.
Mr Olapade of Neighborhood Watch Ijede LCDA intimated the gathering that documentation of recruitment exercise was in progress but promised that work would commence soon. Mr Akilo suggested the uses of whistle blowing to ensure alertness among residents.
Immediately after this, there was a call for donation on Security Trust Fund which received a lot of acceptance as people were donating generously.
Shortly after this, there was an inauguration of the Board of Trustee, the swearing in process was done by the Sole Administrator. The event didn't end without the cutting of cake of 50th Anniversary of Lagos State.
The meeting ended with a vote of thanks made by H. O. A, Mr Niyi Olowu.
The Publisher, Igbogbo/Baiyeku Info Magazine
The genuine VOICE of Ikorodu Division